Islamic Social Entrepreneurs who plan on succeeding over the next 25 years would be wise to create a different plan. A better approach would be to first start asking some questions and listening to solid advice. Some of the questions to answer and pay attention to include:
- What are they seeing and hearing in the marketplace?
- What do they see your competitors doing that your social enterprise is not?
- What are some things your social enterprise could do that your competitors are not doing?
- What are your customers asking for?
- What are some products or services they think would be of value to your customers?
- What are the social issues your enterprise wants to solve?
- How would your social enterprise measure social impact?
Regarding your customers, some actions you could take are:
- Closely observe their buying patterns.
- Ask them what kind of services or products they wished you would offer.
- Ask them what kind of social impact they would like to focus on.